Red text on white background. Printed slightly off-center.
Geraghty & Co. Chicago
Maxotires were an automotive product manufactured by K&W Rubber Co., established in 1908 in Ashland, Ohio. The Maxotire was actually an inner tube, or liner, sized to fit inside any tire that was sold to extend the life of the tire. Using the Maxotire was advertised as reducing blowouts, the need to replace tires due to punctures and essentially made tires safe and "trouble-proof."
This 1916 ad chronicles early stock car driver Roy Campbell's use of Maxotires.
A 1920 advertisement: "Make Tires Safe".