Blue image of fish in center with blue text on a white background.
The Village of Tinley Park, formerly Bremen, was incorporated in 1892, but the area was settled primarily by emigrants from the Eastern United States, Germany, Ireland, England, Scotland and Canada beginning as early as the 1830s. The Village of Bremen was located on the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad lines in 1853, which influenced the village’s rapid expansion. In 1890, the name Bremen was changed to Tinley Park, in honor of the village’s first railroad station agent, Samuel Tinley Sr. Today, Tinley Park is known throughout the Chicago area for the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre, an entertainment venue. After its centennial (1992), Tinley Park from the late 20th century to the present has been focused on renovation of its downtown historic district.
Tinley Park offers a number of rivers, lakes, and ponds to participate in recreational activities including fishing.
Mayor's Corner. (n.d.). Retrieved November 17, 2019, from https://www.tinleypark.org/test11/mayor_s_corner.php.
Tinley Park, Illinois. (2019, October 16). Retrieved November 17, 2019, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinley_Park,_Illinois.