Illustration of a yellow chick with wheels and blue text on a white background
Long-Lewis Hardware Company began selling cars after being given a Ford franchise from Henry Ford in 1915. To solidify their intent to be in the automotive industry, a two-story addition was added to their existing building to store the new cars. The Ford Division of the Long-Lewis Hardware Company was then moved to a different location. In 1982, the location of the hardware division was closed, and ownership changed hands when GM Vaughn Burrell bought out the owner William Long. Burrell entered into a partnership with Todd Ouellette, who then bought out Burrell to become the current owner and CEO of the Long-Lewis Automotive Group.
The History of Long-Lewis. Retrieved from: https://www.longlewisford.com/the-history-of-long-lewis.htm