Gold text on a dark blue background
National Tea Company was a Midwestern grocery store chain founded in 1899 and headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. At its peak in the 1920s, National Tea Co. had over 1600 stores nationwide and was one of the leading grocers in the United States. While the Great Depression led to the closure to many stores, National Tea remained one of the largest grocery chains in the country until its decline the 1970s and 1980s. Schnucks Markets acquired National Tea in 1995. This button was created to commemorate the company's 30th anniversary in 1929.
Wilson, R., Porter, S., Reiff, J. (2005). National Tea Co. Encyclopedia of Chicago: Dictionary of Leading Chicago Businesses (1820-2000). Retrieved from http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/2790.html.