|Text on Button||Lyndhurst|
White text on a dark blue background
|Back Paper / Back Info||
WHITEHEAD & HOAG CO. PAT. APPO FOR NEWARD, N.J.
Lyndhurst is a mansion located in Tarrytown, New York that was designed in 1838. It was home to three different families over the years, until it was given to the National Trust for Historic Preservation. Each family added on to the original house, starting from a country villa. The mansion doubled in size by 1865, and a bowling pavilion and recreation center were added in 1894. Lyndhurst sits on 67 acres of park-like landscape and it is open to the public.
(n.d.). The History of Lyndhurst Mansion. Retrieved from http://lyndhurst.org/about/history/