White text on purple background.
Wines are finger lake'n good is a play on the phrase, “finger lickin’ good,” because of the winery’s location near Finger Lakes in New York. At the time of its establishment in 1865, Gold Seal Winery was called Urbana Wine Company. At that point, it held New York State’s second bonded winery license. During its near 120 years of business, Gold Seal Winery had many owners and many names. During Prohibition, the name was changed to Gold Seal Products Company, which produced sacramental wine. After Prohibition, the name changed back to Urbana Wine Company. They were known for their Finger Lakes champagne that used traditional European grapes that were imported from France. The name once again changed in 1957 to Gold Seal Vineyards, Inc. before closing in 1984.
Prial, F. (1984, May 9). Wine talk. The New York Times, pp. 13.
Gold Seal Winery. (2020, May). Retrieved June 16, 2020 from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Seal_Winery