Illustration of a black and yellow torpedo with a black, red and white bomb character sitting on top on a white background
Drink Coca-Cola TRADE MARK
TORPEDO SQUADRON 2 (VT-2) 21
PARISIAN NOV. CO., CHICAGO
Torpedo and Bombing Squadron 2 (VT-2) was established on July 6, 1925 on board the Aroostook at Pearl Harbor. The squadron’s first insignia was a winged dragon. It evolved over time to be a dragon dropping a torpedo. VT-2 was reformed several times, most notably during World War II. Pilots during the war were heavily involved in the islands of the South Pacific.
Grossnick, R. A. (1995). Dictionary of American Naval Aviation Squadrons. Washington, D.C.: Naval Historical Center.