Blue background with a white shield with red outline and a white silhouette of a dog above it. There is blue text inside the white shield.
The Whitehead & Hoag Co.
Buttons, Badges, Novelties and Signs
In the late 1930’s and early 1940’s, Cleveland-based radio station WTAM hosted a program called Uncle Henry’s Dog Club. This button suggests that the program supported the Cleveland Animal Protective League and encouraged young listeners to do the same. Incorporated in 1913, the Cleveland Animal Protective League is an independent, nonprofit humane society. Even today, the organization continues to partner with a local radio station (Q104) in order to promote its cause.